Some of you may remember that Premier Dance was previously located in the Harrison Pointe Shopping Center (near the Harris Teeter). The space was beautiful and had a bigger and nicer dance floor than our current location. Well, we're moving back on May 27th!
We will be renting the space from Dance Formation, Inc., who took over the space in November. While we will remain independent studios, we will be merging group classes and parties, which will be a benefit to both the students and our instructors. The new combined group class schedule will begin the last week of May.
You, our students, will benefit from this move in the larger dance floor for groups, privates, and parties; larger classes and interactions with other students your level; a location just down the street from the current studio; and similar pricing on the group classes and parties you've already been enjoying. We've also been invited to join Dance Formation at their seasonal parties and special events, which means more dancing!
The 239 Grande Heights Dr location is just down the street from our current location. From our 1817 N Harrison Ave studio, if you drive south on Harrison Ave about 2.1 miles (5 minutes) and turn left into the Harrison Pointe Shopping Center, you're there! Super easy.
The group classes and parties are similar in value to our current pricing. The table below summarizes some of the changes and shows how they are very similar:
Before May 27th (1817 N Harrison Ave)
After May 27th (239 Grande Heights Dr)
- For students taking 2 or more private lessons/month, nothing has changed. All group classes and parties are still included in your package.
- For students utilizing the unlimited groups pass and attending the practice parties every week, you'll be getting a $19 savings! (before May 27th: $69/month unlimited groups plus free practice parties vs. After May 27th: $50/month unlimited groups plus practice parties).
- For students dropping in for a few classes here and there, you'll be getting a $2.50-$5 savings (Before May 27th: $15/class or $25/couple vs. After May 27th: $10/class).
- Practice Parties will now start at an earlier time and will go for an hour and a half instead of just one hour (Before May 27th: Fridays 9pm-10pm; After May 27th: Fridays 8pm-9:30pm).
- Our Jazz & Swing Dances with DJ Frankie on Tues nights (9pm-10:45pm) will continue up to the 3rd week of May. After the move, we will no longer be having these Tues night swing dances.
- Zumba by Melissa Garcia will continue up to the 3rd week of May. After May 27th, check out the Dance Formation, Inc. schedule for zumba classes that are provided at their studio via a similar arrangement.
Daniel, Dick, and I all feel like that this is a move in the right direction for the studio. The initial move to our current location was bittersweet at the time, but returning in collaboration with Dance Formation, while also bittersweet, does feel like the right move for our studio. The benefits of joining more people together for fun and dancing will be fantastic. Getting a chance to increase our circle of friends, to double our dance family, is going to be exciting, and we are all truly looking forward to that.
We do hope you'll bear with us while we make this transition. Our dance family is our family, and we're going to do our best to make everyone happy. That's why Daniel and Dick teach dance--because they love to dance, love to share the love of dance with others, and are truly touched by the amazing students we have at this studio. Much love to you all. Please wish us luck during this hectic but exciting time!